Spilka Files Amendments to Transportation Bond Bill
(Boston) – Today, Senator Karen Spilka filed nine amendments to the 2012 Transportation Bond Bill that seek to make many MetroWest transportation projects eligible for funding. This bond bill provides the Governor with highway and transit spending authorizations for highway and transit spending authorizations transportation-related infrastructure projects and Spilka filed these amendments to try to include certain projects which are of importance to her district and the region.
Spilka’s amendments to the bond bill include:
- At-Grade Train Crossing in Ashland – potential funding for the planning, design, or construction of transportation related improvements in the area around the at-grade rail crossings in downtown Ashland.
- At-Grade Train Crossing in Framingham – potential funding for the planning, design, or construction of transportation related improvements in the Route 126/135 interchange area in Framingham.
- Sound Barriers in Framingham – potential funding for the construction of sound barriers along the Massachusetts Turnpike at Framingham’s Gina Circle.
- Improvements to Downtown Franklin – potential funding for improvements to Main Street, West Central Street, and Emmons Street in downtown Franklin.
- Route 126 in Holliston – potential funding for planning, design, and construction related to Route 126 in Holliston
- Route 135 in Hopkinton – potential funding for improvements to Route 135 in Hopkinton
- Route 109 in Medway – potential funding for construction related to improvements to Route 109 in Medway
- Parking Garage in Downtown Natick – potential funding for construction of a parking garage in downtown Natick.
- MetroWest Regional Transit Authority – potential funding for an expanded facility for MetroWest RTA.
In advocating for these amendments, Spilka continues her commitment to funding transportation infrastructure projects that improve the economic vitality of her MetroWest communities.
The Senate will debate this bill tomorrow during formal session at 1PM.